Sunday, February 12, 2006

I pity the fool that don't eat my cereal!

OK, I'm in a bit of a weird mood tonight. I'm thinking about snow and cereal and Mr. T -- I watched an old rerun of The A-Team on TVLand today. Don't ask me why.

Like I said -- a weird mood. And to top it off, I've got the Olympics on TV, but it looks more like the X Games, because I'm watching snowboarding right now. When did snowboarding become an Olympic sport? I guess if curling made it, anything is possible.

So it snowed a good foot and a half and they still haven't brought a plow down my street yet. I'm hoping to get to work again sometime before the end of this month. It's so much snow, everyone on my street quickly ran out of places to shovel it all, and a fight almost broke out this afternoon over it because some moron got all territorial when one of the neighbors started dropping snow where he'd just shoveled.

The other day I was in the grocery store, and people were buying up bottled water and bread because they don't know what to do with snow here in Maryland. And I walked down the cereal aisle and stopped in my tracks when I saw -- I'm not making this up -- Pirates of the Caribbean cereal. It's chocolatey and it's got marshmellows, and I'm thinking, what the hell does this cereal have to do with the Caribbean? Shouldn't it be tropical fruit flavored? I think this was just Kelloggs' excuse to put out another cereal full of chocolate and marshmellows and enough sugar in one serving to put a healthy 200-pound man into a diabetic coma. Who the hell came up with the idea of putting marshmellows in cereal in the first place? Marshmellows! There's a food that just screams breakfast.

Then I noticed another thing in the cereal aisle. First, I saw Yogurt Burst Cheerios, where you get pieces coated with yogurt. And then I saw Yogurt Crunch Life. So obviously this is now the latest thing in cereal. You didn't know that? Yeah, I guess I missed the memo too. So look out for Yogurt Raisin Bran and Yogurt Chex Mix and Total with Yogurt.

And maybe even Pirates of the Caribbean with Tropical Fruit flavored Yogurt -- official breakfast cereal of the Winter X Games ... er, Olympics.

No comments: