Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hey Subway -- Eat This!


OK, I've eaten enough Subway sandwiches to help keep the place in business for at least a few years, but I'll be eating less of them now that they've phased out their Subway Stamps. You go in there now and they hand you some card that you scratch off, and for reasons that pass understanding, they have these Chinese fortune-cookie like messages on them. And then you've got to go online and type in some numbers to find out if you won anything. What the hell is that? Give me my stamps and my Subway card. Of course, those little stamps used to show up everywhere. In my car, in my desk drawer at work ... I can't remember the last time I dug into my wallet and didn't find a few of them crushed and folded over and stuck together. I lost track of how many times I was short on cash and managed to scrape together enough of those stamps to get a free sandwich. And now those days are gone forever. Thanks a lot Subway.

Quizno's rules!

No comments: